mercredi 7 octobre 2009

il n'y a pas un mot en francais pour "nerd"


And oh, how appropriate it would be.

Right now I should be doing at least 3 other things, but I did promise a blog update today to multiple people, so here goes.

Saturday I went on another field trip with my program. This time our chaperone was Jean-Do, my cinema and architecture professor, who is ridiculously skinny and hilarious. We left super early (ughh...) to the city of Arles, about an hour from Aix. Arles was a surprisingly important city in the Roman Empire, so there are tons of artifacts from around the 1st century BC (no, I'm not politically correct. What are you gonna do about it?). We went to the museum of Arles, where there are legit sarcophagi and statues of Augustus and things that in my opinion are really freaking cool but the museum was basically empty besides us. I cannot fathom this. Maybe it was an off time? But...Saturday in early October is kind of perfect in Southern France, so I don't really know. Anyway.

We saw the remains of the Circus (not like Ringling Brothers...like, chariot racing), the amphitheater, the baths, and the THEATRE. That's what the picture is of, me on the stage, with the audience behind me. God it was amazing--and there are still productions there today. I must. But yeah so pretty much I was Latin-nerding out all over the place because it was so freaking cool and I couldn't handle it. And no, there really isn't a good word in French for nerd.

It became an extremely hot day and we ended up walking so freaking much that by the time we got back on the bus we were all so freaking tired--though we managed enough energy to play MASH on the way back. I so miss middle school. Kind of.

Saturday night, despite our exhaustion, Liz, Emily, Grace and I went back to the Vietnamese restaurant we love so much and had a ridiculously slap-happy dinner--honestly, I can't really explain it. I blame LA PLEINE LUNE--and went out on the town.

OKAY. I have to go eat and run errands and go to my WINE TASTING class. Oh, France.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire